5.17.2007

dylan is my co-pilot

lately, i've been on a huge dylan kick. not just a little "essential bob dylan," smattered with a helping of his "greatest hits," no, i'm talking all balls out, bootleg series, blood on the tracks and another side of dylan, etc. on-repeat. check out my "friends" i took with me to the joshua tree desert yesterday...




yeah. (click to see more pics from my trip to the desert)

so naturally when my friend (and fellow dylan enthusiast) lionel sent me a link of weird al yankovic parodying dylan, i had to watch:



i'm not a huge "weird al" fan, 'cos his stuff is usually pretty lame, but this kinda floored me. i mean, fuck. it's spot on, hilarious, and it combines my love of dylan, palindromes and folk music. it just keeps on getting better and better.

anyway, i'm going back to watching the copy of "no direction home" that my friend joe matt just got me for my birthday. fuck yeahhhhh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to go to the desert too.

I love Bryan Ferry's Dylan record.

Anonymous said...

Wow. Bob Dylan AND Skittles? You are set.

And I love that unplugged album. Especially John Brown.