5.16.2007

i sold my soul

not that i was all gung-ho about the new manson album "me me me me" or whatever the fuck it's called (i'm sure it's something as equally as pretentious), but being a fan of the 1996 classic "antichrist superstar," i feel at least slightly inclined to check out his newer shit. even though i have been disappointed. repeatedly.

anyway, i just watched manson "revisit" (see also: rip off) his past by "eclectically sampling" (see also: hacking) from the following films and music videos:
- david lynch's "lost highway"
- stephen king's "carrie"
- nine inch nails' "starsuckers, inc."
...and even his own "(s)aint" video.

seriously. get over yourself, dude. it's called "coming up with something new." or better yet, not at all. let's face it: you're over. and frankly, you're starting to remind me a bit of pre-butterball robert smith (and not in the good way. we all know where that fucker ended up).

back to the video, though. nowadays, it wouldn't be a real goth video if it didn't feature a bunch of topless suicide girls, so of course, there's a whole roomful. oh yeah, and let's not forget the ridiculous amounts of gratuitous blood-bath sex between him and goth-lolita girlfriend evan rachel wood. we get it, dude. you're banging a famous teenager. that's totally gonna last.



pushing the envelope? nah, more like rehashing the envelope. i'm over it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Once I went on a a blind date with a guy who turned out to be a Manson fan and all he talked about was how impressive and cool Manson was because " -Once he ate poop! You can come to my house and watch it on video!" I, never, saw that dude again.

PS. Happy birthday!

Lyndxe said...

haha, yes, that's quite frightening... i can only imagine.

thanks!