5.24.2007

a complete unkown

i've been awol in the middle of nowhere for the past week, 'cos i left LA in kind of a weird state of mind. i'll be back soon; all my stuff is there anyway. what i don't have is a job, direction, or any money, so it's kind of a bummer to think about going back right now. anyone wanna give me some or all of these things?

so in the mean time, i'm pretty much doing a whole lot of nothing but watching old concert bootlegs and listening to bob dylan and the doors, and taking lots of pictures of nowheresville. lots of rocks and jocks.

it's kinda rad, though, 'cos i picked up some great new (old) stuff. my mom gave me her old olympus camera that's like 35 years old, and in awesome condition. she also bequethed to me all her old vinyl records... which means first issue beatles, lennon, doors, dylan, johnny cash etc. FUCK YEAH. I've been sitting around having a quarter-life crisis and all i wanna do is just listen to original recordings on vinyl.

check it out...



so, yeah.

after hearing my mom geek out on old hippie tales about how she hung out backstage at the hollywood bowl back in 1968 with jim morrison, i got pretty stoked. who knew my mom was that fucking cool? yeah, dudes, i may be a dork, but my mom sure wasn't. back in the day, she knew how to go off!

check out "this is the end" from the doors: live at the hollywood bowl dvd. sucks that it only seems to be available on region 2 and hasn't seen an official us release. anyone know anything about this? anyway. watch as jim (super doped up), slays it live... with a 15 minute rendition!

part 1



part 2



yeah, my mom said that show was fucking rad. i'm inclined to agree with her.

No comments: